Best tips you’ll need for choosing perfect vendors
Choosing wedding vendors can sometimes be an overwhelming task. Here are some tips on how to find and choose the right wedding vendors to help your day run smoothly.
1. Ask family and friends for recommendations: Word of mouth is still one of the most reliable resources when planning a wedding or any type of event. It’s always great to know that someone close to you has had a positive experience with that service provider. Make a list of all of the services to which you have access. Everyone knows someone. You may personally know a photographer, DJ or florist. Questions to ask yourself are, is the quality of their work up to your standards? Are they reliable? Will this vendor fit within my budget?
2. Make a list of all of the services you may need or want for your wedding day. This will help you to stay organized. For each service listed, determine three potential vendors that you would like to consider. Ask them for their rates and compare with other similar vendors. Don’t base your ultimate decision on the cheapest vendor; instead base it on how comfortable he/she makes you feel during your consultation. Do you believe they can do whatever it is they are offering to you?
3. Research reliable vendor platforms: Platforms such as The Knot and Wedding Wire offer a variety of vendors to choose from. What we love about these platforms is that you can see some of the vendors’ work, read reviews and contact them directly.
4. Attend a bridal show: This is a great way to meet and interact with vendors. At bridal shows, vendors tend to offer discounts and deals for couples they meet. This is a great opportunity to ask questions of multiple vendors and possibly see/touch examples of their work.
5. Meeting one on one: Select a few potential vendors, call them up and schedule a consultation with them. We recommend that you meet with your top three. Be prepared and make sure you have at least 6-8 questions handy to ask the vendor. In your list of questions be sure to ask about the deposit amount, final payment and cancellation policy. Pay attention to the way they carry themselves. Are they professional and knowledgeable about the service for which you are hiring them? Depending on the vendor, you may have more specific questions for their services. Don’t be afraid to inquire and always remember there is no such thing as a silly question.